Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Trip to Burley to Welcome Jason Home~

We went to Burley this weekend to see my little bro (or should I say "big" Bro) who is home from his mission. I love him to pieces and it's so good to have him home. We enjoyed hearing all about his Mission, Honduras, companions and the people there and we are so proud of him for serving!!! Nana snugglin Kayson before dinner!!!! And there he is..... Elder Pollard is finally home!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what Auntie Goose is doin but Kayson has gt the funniest look on his face!!!! While we were there the bathroom in my parents basement was having issues and the septic pump decided to stop working...... So we all pitched in to help get things under control and cleaned up.... Jordan and I tackled the mechanical room with clorox while Jenna and her roomates threw the towels (that saved the carpet) in the washer at Grandpa's (Yep their washer was on the fritz as well)... We decided that gloves on our feet as well as our hands would make for the easiest cleanup..... Mom didn't want us walking in the mess and then tracking it through the house, this way we could just throw the gloves away and be done with it!!!!

Kayson and Tio (uncle in Spanish) met for the first time and clicked instantly- I think they are going tobe great buddies!!!!! Tio was able to get the first real full blown giggle out of Kayson.....
Nanna pulled out the 'ol walker that we all played in..... Kayson looks so grown up sitting in it- he had a great time kicking his feet and wasn't too sure what to think once when he kicked so hard that he moved a few inches~
We thought that dinner was ruined when we woke up Sunday morning only to find that the roast hadn't been turned on in the crock pot- BUT Dad was there to save the day and we had an amazing roast and potatoes topped off with his famous homemade rolls- of which I stoll several to bring home with me!!!
This is what Bry looks like after three hours of church and to the point of extreme hunger and due to Jayme's awsome photography skills you can see the potatoes he was about to tear in to!!!!!!!
Bry takin a quick snooze before making the trip back home!!!

Thanks for a great weekend you guys can't wait till next time!

7 comments:

Connie said...

It looks like you all had a fun time! I am so jealous! I wish I could have been there too - except for the septic pump mess! Baby Kayson is just adorable - I want to get my hands on him!! Jason looks great and the treasures from the Ukraine look lovely. Thanks for sharing.

The Gundies said...

Welcome home Jason.

The Allen's said...

You have such a neat family!

Brian and Triscia said...

Oh my gosh, Jason has really gotten big and handsome. Not that he wasn't when he left but mannnn. He is going to make some girl very happy. And as for your little man, he seems like he grows so fast. He is so beautiful. Just see what you have to look forward to? You guys are such a cute family. :)

Thomas, Jentry & Asher said...

I can't believe how grown up Jason looks!!! I bet it is so good to have him home..just in time for the holidays too! :)

Cody, Natalie, Kasia and Cooper! said...

Welcome home Jason!!! That was a fast 2 years!! Jess, You have the CUTEST baby in the world!!!!

Michael and Tammi said...

WOWEEEEEE!!!!!! look at those two hot mommas in those lovley looking rubber slippers!! that was the funniest thing in the whole wide world... way to make a memory!! i will never forget that jess. - love ya tons auntie goose