This post was designed and produced by Bryan in an attempt to break up the usual Kayson bragging that has been occupying the majority of the Westerberg blog as of late.
With the Conference Weekend forecast looking like bad weather, as usual, I decided to go for a long fall bike ride on Friday to enjoy the colors and cooler air. I left from the Birch Creek Parking lot and headed up the German Dugway.
A view from the Worm Lake trail looking back towards the highline trail in the far distance. Bloomington Lake is just to the SE.
My lack of photo taking knowledge really shows as these pictures really do not do the fall colors justice.
This is an old steam boiler used for logging or possibly mining at one time. It has been left behind due to the extreme effort it would take to transport it out. The boiler is up Dry canyon on the Bear Lake side of the mountain.
I thought this old tree that had fallen across the trail was kind of neat because it was so large, the picture makes it look like two trees have fallen, one on top of the other, but it was actually one very large old tree with two trunks.
I came across and obstacle in the trail, a rather steep drop off, getting down wasn't to hard, but I was nervous that getting back up and over might exceed my riding capabilities so I took a picture for the insurance company just in case.
And 51 miles later the trail turns into asphalt. This is the high way that leads to the Minitonka Cave above the North shore of Bear Lake. I had to slip down the highway a few miles to the city St. Charles grab some gas and snickers bars and then headed up St. Charles Canyon to Egan Basin then catch the High Line Trail and back to the truck round trip 87 miles. I am grateful that my wife puts up with my attempts at adventure and lets me dodge responsibility once and awhile.










5 comments:
Not that I love Kayson any less, but I am glad to read a change of subject. I can't get out and go on rides like that with you so I am living vicariously through your blog. the last photo is taken near where we got our Christmas tree last year and that is pretty country. It was also kind of neat that we were up there late November last year and there was no snow. The ground wasn't even frozen and we got to four wheel in the mud.
But the baby is so much cuter than the motorcycle.
Bryan;
You should have waited around for the bozo that parked his moped in the front of your camera stand. It sure did ruin your pretty picture of the falls colors. What was that guy doing following you around everywhere like that? I think its kind of rude of the dude. Next time smack him side the head maybe he'll get the message. It just goes to show you people will do anything to get noticed! Honda probably put him up to it just to save on advertising. You know I've heard these blog things can drive people to do crazy things, even take their lives into their own hands at times.....but now, to ruin a guys Picture taking of the fall colors that's just going a bit too far!
By the way, hows Kayson? Tell Jess to keep coming with pics of your ape, he's the one we all want to know about anyways.
Bump pa!
A pox on you, Julie! You have lived long enough to know Westerberg Rule #16: Nothing is more important than a motorcycle!
Patrick would be so jealous. He's been pining for a motorcycle forever. Those are some swell pictures. Maybe we could get you a cute seat cover for that bike.
Post a Comment