Monday, November 24, 2008

New Furniture????????

I have been wanting to paint my table for quite some time now.... It was my parents and when I moved out they got a new one so I inherited this one...... It was super scratched and chipped and the paint was coming off all over it- SO I decided to paint it........ Some sanding, a coat of primer, and a few coats of paint later ..............DRUM ROLL PLEASE..........

Bada Bing bada boom- and this is my table after! It was quite the project but I am very pleased with the finished product. It turned out nice.... I LOVE IT...

These were the chairs before- given to us by Grandma Arda- I think they are the cutest chairs but they too needed a bit of a face lift.......These are the chairs after.... I got some seat cushions to tide me over till I can find the fabric I want to cover the seats- nonetheless I LOVE them black and I think they turned out great as well.....
This little bench goes with the table and it got a makeover as well of course-

So there ya have it- this is my "new" old table!!!!! AMAZING what a little paint can do...... (I have Sara K to credit for inspiring me to take on a paint project- she does it all the time although I paint furniture and she paints walls.....)

Next up is all the furniture in my bedroom- I can't wait to get my hands on it...........

11 comments:

The Allen's said...

JESS!!! I am so impressed, they look AWESOME. They totally fit your personality. Hmmmm what could I paint?? lol

kathy said...

You did a good job! Painting furniture isn't as easy as it looks, but yours turned out great. Yeah, that Sara K is quite an inspiration, isn't she? I don't know where she gets all her energy and ideas. She's fun to watch in action (yay for blogs so we can keep track of her accomplishments!). By the way, Kayson is getting cuter every week.

Thomas, Jentry & Asher said...

Look at you go! Your set turned out great! Way to be resourceful. :)

Shane & Danica said...

Great job Jess!!! I have been meaning to paint all of my cupboards in my kitchen and the table and chairs. I keep putting it off cause its going to be a big job, but I think you just re-inspired me. I know it will be worth it when they are done. Yours look awesome!

The Gundies said...

Looks Awesome Jess, but please don't paint the piano. It's kinda purdy the way it is.

Van Tassell Family said...

You did such a great job!! I can't wait to see what you do to your bedroom furniture. You will have to keep up posted. You may have to come my way. I love it.

Marybeth said...

very cute!

Rochelle said...

LOVE the table makeover! I'll have to come to you for ideas! :)

This Idaho Girl said...

Isn't it amazing what a coat of paint will do. Your furniture looks brand new. Sorry about not getting in touch with you this week. I've had a bad one. I hope we can shoot for next week-- maybe Tuesday. Oh, and I lost my verizon phone, so don't call me there.

Michael and Tammi said...

Jess

Great job with the painting...I couldn't have done it any better. Now what do I need painted, that I could turn over to you to do?

Love ya babe
Dad

Natalie said...

Looks awesome! I wish that the things I painted turned out that nice!