Sunday, May 31, 2009

Kayson's {or should I say DAD'S} new toy....

After returning from our hike on Memorial Day, we decided it was time to buy a back pack to put Kayson in so that we can start hiking regularly. Last summer when he was a new born I just didn't feel up to it. Then it got cold and we never gave it a second thought till NOW. The pic below is the day we got it and we decided to take a stroll down to Kel's and try it out! Kayson LOVED it and laughed the whole way. We decided to try it out for real yesterday morning..... These next few pics are so funny- this is Kayser's "newest face".... he opens his mouth as wide as it will go and then holds it there for a sec and then all at once burts into this adorable gut giggle. It's so funny and you just can't help but laugh with him it's so contagious!Kayson and Mom letting Dad have a breather! What a beautiful day......... Look at my cute boyz!The waterfall up High Creek! So pretty- the water is comin down super fast right now.... it's gorgeous!This is Kayson's, "PHEW! We made it FINALLY," face!! He was such a trooper...
After seeing the waterfall, a few granola bars and gatorade later we loaded Kayson back in the pack and headed back down the mountain! He's ready to go and waving buh-bye!This is on the way back down and Kayser was all but alseep! He slept the whole way down. Thank heavens for child carry devices... It's a hit and we can't wait to use it again! (I think it will take Bry some getting used to. With almost 30 pounds worth of Kayson and the weight of the pack on his back, his shoulders were a bit sore last night!!! :) Good job Hun it's a good thing you are so stinkin buff!! )

10 comments:

kathy said...

That looks fun! Kayson is so cute. It almost makes me wish I still lived in Richmond so I could see him in person! Kel told me you are buying Anderson's house, which means we could have seen each other's houses from our own! We lived just up the road on the other side, right below the canal, in the house on the funny angle. But, at least you are getting a cute next door neighbor, Hily Fonua. You'll like her. She's due with her first (a boy) in July and is loads of fun. It's a great neighborhood!

Sage Hanks said...

K so i seriously think your son looks like your brother!! I don't know what it is..... :) He's a doll though. Sometimes I see Bryan and sometimes I see you but there is definite Jason in there!

Kel said...

Bryan will no longer have to go to the gym after a workout like that! I've got to say, however, that the photos of Kayson by himself sort of remind me of the Travelocity gnome; it just looks like someone left a perfectly good baby sitting out in the wilderness...

And kudos to you, Jess, for keeping up with the Westerberg boys!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love it! I really want to get one now! We went on a little hike the other day and that would have come in handy BIG time! Do you mind me asking what brand yours is? It looks like a really nice one. I love all the things they make these days, that way you can still enjoy all your same habbies with a baby! You guys rock!

Wendy K said...

What happened to our baby? Now we have a big boy hiking in the wilderness! I suppose the three of you are getting into shape for a Pine Hill hike. Obviously Kayson loves it.

Michael and Tammi said...

Loved the pictures they are great! My shoulders were hurting looking at them..way to go Bry..tough guy! Kayson is changing all the time...I can't believe how big is he is getting..can't wait to have him home again. It all looks fun wish I could join you on a hike

Love ya
Dad

Tammi Pollard said...

Oh my gosh that looks like sooo much fun, Monkey looks like he is really enjoying it. what a fun family outing for you guys. love mom

Natalie said...

So fun! We are looking into them. We found one at REI that we want... what brand is yours? You'll have to keep us updated on how much you like it! I'm jealous, cause Jane won't be able to use one of those for another few months :(

The Allen's said...

How fun! I wish we were half as active as you guys are!

Thomas, Jentry & Asher said...

I love that you guys do so much hiking and your newest "toy" seems like the perfect fit! It sure helps that it puts such a darling smile on that baby boy of yours!