Monday, May 18, 2009

Black and White Days ~

This past week was the annual Black and White Days here in Richmond. It's kind of a fun week in a small town.... There are festivities going on all week and Saturday they have a parade and then things going on throughout the evening! We invited our friends Landon and Darci, Kensy and Brady (who were not able to make it- we missed you guys) and my lovely sister Jenna out to watch. We wondered down to Aunt Kel's house to watch- she has shade and alot more room then we had at our apartment. The kids got to ride lucky and nibbles around the yard waiting for the parade to start and went home with grocery sacks full of candy! I think everyone had a really good time and it was fun to get together- not to mention the weather was PERFECT!

Kel Took these awesome pics- thanks so much they turned out darling! This is Kayson on Nibbles (I think).

He held the horn and everything- what a big boy!!!
Kayser watchin the parade in his cow chair provided by Aunt Kel! (Black and White Days is all about cows!)

Kayson and Auntie Bugz!

Mom and Kayson talking with Uncle Dan- Kayser LOVES Dan!
The Guys ( Bryan and Landon havin a good time!)
Mom and Kays watchin the parade. Kayson loved the fire trucks and the BLM truck! They were so loud I thought for sure he'd get scared but he loved them he kept pointing and he watched them until they were totally out of sight! Some of the rest of the gang... it was SO fun to see Holly and Rob and the girls! We miss you guys. Sidney and Shelby had these these fun "cow" visors on and they looked so cute! They are getting so grown up I can't believe it I wish I had gotten a better pic of them but they were so busy picking up candy and being excited! My favorite was when all the "little" kids had gotten done riding the ponies and either Sidney or Shelby (I can't remember which) told Kel that they didn't want to be led- they wanted to do it by themselves!!! Silly girls!

This is Brecca, Jada, and their little friend Macy. Every time a float would go by with girls in dresses and pretty crowns they would all yell, "Princesses!" They were funny. Thanks for coming guys it was fun to see ya!

Thanks to everyone for a great time! Can't wait for next year!

P.S. Jason and Em, we missed you guys too.... hope you had fun in Utah!

7 comments:

Didi & Jason said...

Jess- You are soo pretty. Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

He is sooo cute Jess! I love that first picture of him just looking past you. It looks like so much fun. I miss those small town events. Cute pictures!

The Allen's said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! I wish we could have come!

The Gundies said...

Too bad you weren't around that morning to see Audrey and Anna ride by your place. We called on the way to the show and on the way back but it didn't look like you were there. The girl's wanted to take Kayson on a ride, but I am glad to he got to go on one later in the day.

Thomas, Jentry & Asher said...

Oh how fun! You just look gorgeous as always Jess and that little stinker of yours is to die for! Too cute as always. :)

Darci said...

Thanks for such a fun day! The girls' LOVED the parade and all the yummy candy. The pictures are all adorable!

Kel said...

Loved the Black and White binky!!