Monday, February 9, 2009

Winter Fun

I feel the need once again to break up the Kayson posts, while they are entertaining a change of scenery is always good.My Dad and I went on a snowmobile ride last week. The weather and the snow was pretty good. We left from the farm in Station Creek and rode to Franklin Basin via Worm Creek Basin, then made the loop around Bloomington and back home. It always makes me smile when I see the convoys of would be snowmobiler's trucking up the canyon when I can set out right from the farm, go anywhere they can, and be home by lunch time without ever loading a sled on a trailer.



Last week I also decided to see just how old and fat I really am. I snowshoed from the Richmond gun range to the top of City Creek, and then snowboarded back down. This Picture was taken at lunch time at about the half way point.
This picture was taken at a cookie break. I am almost to the top, Cherry peak is in the background. Unfortunately my camera battery died and this was the last picture of the day so you will have to take my word for it that I made it to the top because I don't think I will be doing it again anytime soon.........5 hours to the top, and 40 Minutes of great powder to the bottom.

8 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

WOW, lots of snow in Idaho. Patrick said in order for us to move home he has to get a snowmobile and a dirtbike. At least I know there's someone to ride with him now.

Jess said...

Looks like it was a beautiful day snowmobiling! One of these days you will have to break down and load those sleds on a trailer so you can come ride up to the cabin with us!

Royal Princess Academy said...

Jess, That would be fun, give me a call sometime and we will go.......
bryan

Tammi Pollard said...

Bry I hope you know you are just way tooo fat to be snowshoeing any long distances, what the heck were you thinking anyway???? LOL love ya mom Pollard

p.s beautiful scenery by the way!!!!! how fun

danielle said...

is this the jess i went to beauty school with?

Royal Princess Academy said...

HI Danielle!! How are you... I can't get into your blog... you must be private!! It's been a long time!!!!

The Gundies said...

So, I am jealous. I can't say anything more without sounding totally selfish, but I am glad someone got out and enjoyed this beautiful snow.

Troy Westerberg said...

Bryan's Dad was always generous with his snowmobiles when I visited in winter. I took one down the road a few times.

That looks like quite the adventure - all the way up a mountain? How cool. How much skill does it take?

Beautiful photos!