I wanted to recognize a very special day not only for my Dad but for my family as well... The 8th anniversary of my Dad's transplant was on February 17th. ( I know I am a bit behind but better late than never) 8 Years ago, on Tuesday, my Dad underwent a 5 organ transplant in Pittsburgh, PA. I wanted to just take a minute and tell him how much he means to me and how much I admire him. He has incredible faith and more strength and determination than anyone I know. I am so blessed and so lucky to be able to call him Dad! The pictures below are shortly after the transplant in the recovery room. Whenever I see these pictures they make me smile and they bring a feeling of warmth and happiness in what I remember being such a trying time for my family!
A beverage, a little humor, and some great music enough said!!!!!
The doctor on the far left was the "main doctor"- Dr. Kareem-, but one of many people involved who made this opportunity possible for my Dad........ I don't know alot about him but I know he is a great man and someone that my Dad holds in high regard!!! 

Thursday, February 19, 2009
Celebrating 8 Years!
I LOVE you Dad and I am so grateful for each day that passes by that I am able to have you in my life. You are an amazing person and I only HOPE that I can be half the person that you are. You have taught me so many valuable lessons and helped shape the person that I am. I know at times you get frustrated and discouraged but you always endure through and I admire your strength and your determination and the way you are able to overcome the obstacles you face. I thank you for your testimony and your desire to live the gospel in such a way that reflects who you are at all times. You have touched many lives and continue to do so.You are amazing Dad, and I love you so much.... 2008 was a great year.... And I look forward to many more........
Created for your reading pleasure by Royal Princess Academy at 9:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










11 comments:
To know Michael is to know a miracle! What better man for Kayson to pattern his life after.
Congrats Micheal and to all the Pollards! He has come a long way, but not without his family!
What a guy!!!! he is truly amazing!!! I love ya too honey
Wow. Amazing, Jess. Thanks for sharing that.
What a wonderful tribute to your dad and my AWESOME brother!!! I am glad you reminded me of this AMAZING anniversary! Who would have ever thought???? Thanks for sharing.
Connie
OK, I don't cry but that post made me tear up. Congratulations to your Dad!
Congrats to your dad!! We're glad he's doing well!!
WOW Can you believe it?! Nobody thought he would come this far!! WE are TRULY blessed to have him as our father!! I LUB YOU ALL!!
those really were some hard times but man its all been worth it....
What a strong, inspirational story.... just when you think life is a little rocky, you hear about other peoples trials then at that point you realize....Hey life really isnt that bad
That was such a great post about your Dad!! He is truly an amazing guy and I am so blessed that I have gotten the opputunity to be his friend and get closer to him and your family. We love you guys so much!
Post a Comment