Monday, August 18, 2008

A little bit of everything~

Wow- I have been a little MIA when it comes to blogging... We've been a bit busy!! 2 weekends ago My Mom and sisters came down and picked Kayson and I up for our annual girls trip!! We Shopped Friday and then stayed at Aunt Terri's that night( Thanks Aunt Terri for letting us stay!!). We got up and shopped all day Saturday also.... Our girls trips are always full of fun... we laugh and talk and eat, and have a great time!! This year was a bit different with a baby... lots more stuff to haul around and we had to get to a dressing room or the car every few hours to feed a hungry baby, but what a joy it was to have Kayser with us and if I had to guess- Nana and his Aunties would agree. He was such a trooper and I had MANY volunteers to burp him or hold him while I even tried on a few things... It was great!!!!

Saturday night after deciding we were all about shopped out we stopped at Olive Garden for dinner and then headed to my house to settle in for the night. Sunday, Bryan had to speak in sacrament meeting AND give a lesson in gospel doctrine as well (nothing like double duty) so I left Kayson with my mom and went to support my husband. ( he did a great job by the way... he is such a good speaker- it seems so easy for him). Sunday after I repacked and regrouped, Kayson and I headed to Burley with the girls for the week. I never knew that such a small thing could require so much- Actually I probably knew I just didn't REALIZE. Packing for yourself and a baby for a week equals ALOT OF STUFF!!






Monday we hung out with my Dad and sisters.... Tuesday afternoon My Dad, Jenna, Jayme, Kayson, and I all headed to Utah. My cousin Christopher was flying in from Maine and we went to pick him up and take him to the MTC. Tuesday evening we picked him up at the airport and spent the night with our good friends, the Christensens! Wednesday morning we were up bright and early and headed to the MTC in Provo. A few hugs and pictures later, we left Elder Gregoire to begin the next two years of his life as a missionary!! Good Luck Chris- We're so proud of you!!
The rest of the week was full of fair food and family!!!!Thursday night we went to the Cassia County Rodeo.... I love fair time in Burley- it's so fun to see people you havn't seen in forever it seems.... not to mention the food- my personal favorite are the scones! You can't go to the fair and not have a scone!!!! My family enjoys the maple bars, but I think they are over rated! HAHA.. Bry came up on Friday night after work and spent the weekend with us!! Overall it's been a great week- I have a feeling Kayson isn't going to know what to do if he isn't being held.... I LOVED having so many eager and willing helping hands all week. I had my own personal diaper changers and burpers- I've been spoiled. Kayson loves his Aunties- I am curious to see what he does when there's an uncle around in a month.Thanks you guys for all your help and Thanks to Nana and Bumpa for letting us come invade your home for a week.... LOVE YOU ALL TONS- we can't wait to come see you again soon. Now it's back to reality and I have a mountain of bags waiting to be unpacked and baby who is demanding to be fed........ :)

1 comments:

The Gundies said...

Oh this is so sad that I am so near by and I don't come see you! I know you have been gone but I can't tell you how much I have missed ya! Kayson misses me too I am almost positive of that! I am leaving this week so it will be even longer before I see you guys! When I get back we will have to schedule a hair cut for Anna since I messed up and didn't get it don before her school started. I can't wait to see you guys in a week or so!