Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Great Outdoors~

Last Saturday Bryan and I decided to head into the hills for a little fun and relaxation..... It was such a nice day and we decided that it would be fun to go camping. We'd borrowed Bryan's Dad's truck and thought it'd be fun to sleep in the bed under the stars, plus it was such a beautiful day.......... we found a nice cozy camp spot and just sat back and relaxed. The peace and quite was DELIGHTFUL. We also enjoyed some great company... Sara and Bryon were able to come up and have dinner with us, although we missed the girls it was fun just the same! Bry showed us those amazing fire building skills- (with which he found joy in lighting large objects on fire and waving them inches from my face) After Sara and Bryon left and about a million hikes later, into the unknown to pee, I decided that it would be alot funner to "sleep under the stars" if I wasn't so very pregnant. SO we packed up and came home to sleep in our own bed, and be closer to a bathroom!! BUT we had a good time and enjoyed the brief get away!!!!!

Thanks for coming you guys- we should do it again soon!!!!!!

8 comments:

The Gundies said...

Thanx for inviting us to your "almost camping" trip. It was so good to get away and not be anywhere near a phone...or kids for that matter. Yes, we will do it again! Just cause we like you guys!

Kel said...

That looks like High Creek, am I right?

Wendy K said...

Can Bryan really breathe fire? That's what it looks like in the picture. I've never heard of a pregnant woman craving a camping trip before!

Bennetts said...

Looks like a ton of fun, and good for you going out being as far along as you are. Your amazing.

This Idaho Girl said...

The caption for the bottom picture should be, "Me man. See fire." The days of sleepless nights and constant trips to the bathroom will soon be over (maybe not the sleepless nights). You should be proud you ventured out at all. My last few weeks of pregnancy I pretty much sat by the air conditioner.

Unknown said...

I think I have a husband who did the exact same thing while camping--enjoyed showing us his amazing fire building skills while burning everything in sight. I can't believe we're almost done being pregnant!! Do you have a name picked out? I don't blame you for wanting to be close to a bathroom and sleeping in your own bed.

Teagan said...

Look how cute you are!! I love it!

Sage Hanks said...

Are you still prego??? I better get a phone call... I want to know when this big day happens!!! Love you!!!