Wednesday, November 4, 2009

To Spin or Not to Spin????


I have had to recently rethink my workout schedule.... With the weather changing, the ladies that I go walking with decided that it was getting too cold and since we usually take our kids it's getting harder and harder to keep them all warm and happy the whole time! I have really enjoyed the step aerobics class on Mon, Wed, and Fri, however- Bryan likes to play Basketball in the morning and they ONLY play on Mon, Wed, and Fri. So..... WE HAVE A PROBLEM. After some thinking, and deciding that it was probably easier for me to switch my workouts around, then for Bryan to not get to workout at all.... I have decided to try the Step and Spin class on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. I went to my first class on Tues and I LIKED IT alot.... I have never done spinning and I must say IT REALLY KICKED MY BUTT. But I am excited to go again tomorrow and give it a second try... I think I am really going to like it. Any advice would be much appreciated. Wish me luck!
P.S. Halloween pics are coming soon..... I just have to convince my camera that it would be much happier if I could get all the pictures off of it and onto my computer!!!!! When that happens we will have alot of posting to do!! :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Go jess!! Spinning is probably my favorite workout. I've been teaching for the last 3 years and still love it. The advice i give to first timers is to remember they're brand new and to not get discouraged if it's too hard. Most people in the class have been going for a long time and their bodies are used to the workout...and soon yours will too! Enjoy. Let me know how it keeps going.

Deidra said...

Good advice from the master teacher. Once you get over being "saddle sore" (and saddle sore you will be!) keep going. It's no fun to have to break yourself back in.

Royal Princess Academy said...

Thanks guys I am definately "saddle sore" but I am going to keep going to give a good shot!

Darci said...

Are you ging to the rec center? I am thinking about signing up soon. It would be fun to go together!

Royal Princess Academy said...

Yeah I go in the mornings at 6:00.

momofbeegees said...

You go girl!!! I wish I had the energy to exercise. I just figure that after I have chased 4 kids around all day, that counts as my workout. Hahaha!! I know that doesn't really count though!

This Idaho Girl said...

Spin is an awesome workout. May I suggest getting some padded biking shorts? They saved my poor butt from a lot of pain.

The Jones' said...

Oh Jessica that sounds like so much fun! Hard... but fun too! Your family pictures turned out BEAUTIFUL! And I can't believe those are in your backyard. Lucky girl!

p.s. I am loving being a mom!

Sage Hanks said...

You are a brave women. I started a spinning class right before I got pregnant with Morgyn. I dropped it because it was too hard on my neck and back from my wreck. It's a MAJOR work out though. I hope you have fun doing it!

Natalie said...

Love, love love spin classes! The first class I ever did... I stopped half way through because it was too hard. But then I went back the next week and it was better. And then it was awesome! And I loved it so much! So here's my advice: stick with it! Spin classes are so fun! And if you are sluggish one day you adjust your own bike so you can go your own speed!