Oh my goodness Kayson is 6 months and 2 weeks old!!!! It's crazy how fast these last 6 months have gone. He is changing and growing all the time and everyday we discover new tricks! We LOVE being parents.... It's so amazing and the rewards are endless! SO- I decided to do yet another post about my monkey! He is learning new things all the time and to celebrate 6 months here are the latest discoveries- He's been eating baby food and cereal for a few months now and about a month ago we tried a sippy cup and it was a huge hit-
He loves it and new just what to do. Actually he'd prefer whichever cup Bryan and I have but the sippy cup has definitely become a very cool thing!!! I also had to snap this picture because it was too funny...... this is the high chair we use at my parents house and he just sits back crosses his legs and waits for the next bite -not very patiently I may add- he bangs his hand on the tray to let us know he's ready for more!!
Kayson has totally found his voice- he is a non stop jabber box. This is a picture that my Dad took- at the time he was telling my Dad quite the story. When he's talking (or should I say yelling) you had better be listening or he sure lets you know what's up!!! The Sounds of choice are DADADADAD and BLAH BLAH BLAH........ We are starting to wave BU-BYE! He practices all day and then when I want him to do in front of someone he just laughs! Nevertheless he is getting it down and it's so fun to see when they start understanding things and can put two and two together.He has also mastered the walker and enjoys running all over our apartment- and when I say running I mean literally running- he follows me around all day totally content to move about as he pleases!
To crawl or not to crawl that is the question............. Kayser has the strength to be on his hands and knees but he doesn't know what to do from there. It makes us giggle to watch him- he wants to move sooo bad but just can't quite figure out how and he just goes face first to the floor- I know I know how mean to watch your child face plant it and then laugh- but come on- it's so funny! ( no worries he is a tough little man and this does not make him cry lol)
My Monkey LOVES to watch the Lion King and has since he was about 3 months old- We have also discovered that The Simpsons and Sponge Bob are 2 of his other favorites...... I was in Burley this past weekend doing hair and while My Mom was at work Friday, Bumpa (my Dad) was the designated babysitter- When I finished my haircuts and went to check on them this is what I found...... lol I could not pass up this picture opportunity! Bumpa, Maggie, and Kayson just Hangin out watchin Simba!


YAY sitting all by ourselves- This is Kayce Man's favorite way to play!! What a happy boy!
That about covers it for now- HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY Kayson.... can't wait to see what adventures and giggles the next 6 months will bring!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slobber, and Spit, and Drool OH MY!

EVERYTHING goes in Kayson's mouth- just thought I'd post these- I swear we should be getting a tooth soon- everything goes in and comes out just dripping with saliva!! I am not a fan of bibs but they are a necessity with this kid!










10 comments:
It seems to me that Kayson has surpassed Bryan as the king of the Westerberg house. He's cuter than Bry anyway.
LOL Kayson's really into that sippy cup. Isn't it funny how babies explore everything with their mouths? It's like instinct or something.
Love the pictures--especially those of your dad and the one-in-charge. The six month mark is one of my favorite baby ages. The personality is showing, but the baby isn't mobile enough to get into too much trouble. That will soon change.
what a cute little guy you have! I can't believe it's been 6 months...
He is so dang cute, and so big! It's crazy what a few weeks to a month will do--Nixon's not quite doing all the fun stuff Kayson is up to...except everything going into his mouth and drool. I know exactly how you feel!
6 Months! You guys are pros at this parent thing! Way to go! And what a cutie to enjoy along the way. Kayson is so adorable! We need to get together soon to let the little ones play! How fun to ski at Pomerelle, I haven't been there in so long!
What a cutie he is! He just makes me smile everytime I see him!! I am glad you get to go home often and see you family, that is awesome. Hope you guys are doing great. Take care.
Jess....he is adorable. I just want to pinch his lil..or should I say big cheeks. Very cute!
If you continue to let him watch the Simpsons, he will start saying "D'oh!" Just warning you... :)
Can't believe he is 6 months old! Good thing you have a blog so I know what he looks like!
Post a Comment